The only insulated flexible duct with an inner-core expressly designed to resist microbial growth on the surface of the inner core liner. AMBlue (25'length) flexible air duct is constructed with a unique inner-core of co-extruded blue nylon film with antimicrobial properties integrated into the co-extrusion process. Thermal values of R6 (AMBlueR6) or R8 (AMBlue R8) encompass the inner-core and a metalized reinforced vapor barrier surrounds the entire duct.
Features & Benefits:
• Resists mold fungus growth on the surface of the inner-core material
• Antimicrobial properties integrated into the inner-core film
• Thermal values of R6 or R8
• 10 Year Limited Warranty
• Blue color-coded core for easy identification
• Manufactured with Owens Corning Insulation with Greenguard Certification
Agion & Natural Silver Antimicrobials:
Agion technology is silver, a naturally occurring and highly effective antimicrobial agent. Silver has long been known for its natural antimicrobial properties. Agion's unique zeolite carrier extends the effective benefits over other antimicrobials. Agion technology is proven to be safe, long lasting with no toxic affects on people, plants or animals.
• If moisture is present in an HVAC system, the potential for mold growth exists. A mold infested HVAC system may lead to large scale remediation and clean up related costs.
• Mold litigation is high profile and large judgments are driving up insurance premiums. Many
insurance underwriters are excluding mold coverage or providing supplemental coverage at
higher costs. Specifying "State of the Art" mold resistant materials by builders, building owners.
architects, engineers and mechanical contractors can be viewed as one of the best ways to
• Sprays or coatings applied to duct systems can be controversial, as these methods may not ensure coverage of the entire surface area and have the potential to flake off over time or by repeated handling.
• The industry standard mold test for flexible air ducts uses either common bread mold or shower
mold. The test simply requires that the mold does not spread significantly beyond the inoculated
• Ultraviolet UVC systems do not protect flexible air ducts from mold growth as the inner core of most flexible ducts may deteriorate if exposed to UV light.
• AMBIue is manufactured with a co-extruded film
which integrates antimicrobial agents into the flexible duct inner-core itself. This unique film
provides antimicrobial coverage of the entire inner duct surface area not attainable with sprays, coatings or ultraviolet lighting and will not flake off over time.
• AMBIue film was tested by Agion® microbiologists using test
standards ASTM E2180 (bacteria) and ASTM G21 (mold). Testing reports available upon request.
• Agion "Nature's Antimicrobial", is based on naturally-occuring silver. The Agion silver-ion
technology inhibits the growth of odor causing fungi, mold and mildew on the surface of the product and is non-toxic when used as directed.
Diameter: 4", 5", 6", 7", 8", 9", 10", 12", 14", 16", 18", 20"
Length: 25 ft.
Packaging: 1 section per Carton
Vapor Barrier: Metalized, Reinforced Polyester
End Treatments: Raw Ended
Inner Core: Spun-bonded, non-woven fabric for maximum Insertion Loss (IL).
Product Nomenclature: AMR25 (R4.2) AMR25R6 (R6), AMR25R8 (R8)
Thermal Value: R4.2, R6 & R8 Classified by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. and bears the ADC Thermal Certification Mark. Owens Corning Fiberglass with Green Guard Certification. Maximum Positive Pressure: 3" W.G. (5"-12")
2" W.G. (14"-20") determined per ADC Test FD-72-R1 at elevated temperatures with a 90° elbow. Maximum Negative Pressure: 1" W.G. (5"-10") 1/2" W.G. (12"-20")
Maximum Velocity: 4,000 FPM
Vapor Barrier Perms: 0.006 US Perms Per ASTM E96A-94. Flexible air duct are
indoor applications only and should not be exposed to direct ultraviolet light.
Operating Temperature: 0-200° F
Antifungal & Antimicrobial Assessemt: Resists growth as tested using ASTM E2180 (bacteria) and ASTM G21 (mold).
Code Compliance & Approvals:
Listed and Labeled Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.File # MH1 1637 UL-1 81 Class 1 Air Duct Flame Spread 25 or Less / Smoke Developed 50 or Less. Meets the requirements of NFPA 90A &90B & UMC 6-1. Licensed as a California Insulation Manufacturer # TD-1 092.