• ROI 1year
• 6-16% savings from monitoring
• Portable, wireless monitor.
• Sensor passively attaches to the outside meter.
• No interference and no electrician required.
• 100,000+ customers in US/Canada
• Active Programs with 90+ utilities, numerous research
• On the market for 5 years.
• Founder, Pioneer and Leader in real-time energy feedback.
• Displays energy in Kw and $’s
• Programmable for local utility rates -
flat, multi-tiered, on/off peak.
• Ask this Old House Review
• MSNBC Review
• Product Cut Sheet
As seen on FOX News, ABC, and CNN Online, the PowerCost Monitor™ is helping thousands of people across the United States and Canada save money on their electric bill.
The PowerCost Monitor™ is a wireless energy monitor for your home. It can tell you at a glance how much electricity your home is using from moment-to-moment and in total. Why wait for your electricity bill when you can see what you are spending on electricity as you spend it!
Tests in Ontario and elsewhere have proven that householders who use real-time feedback can reduce electricity use by as much as 6 to 18 per cent. This is the advantage of having real-time feedback on your electricity.
Real-time feedback means real savings for you. Make the PowerCost Monitor™ a regular part of your daily household routine.
Start saving on your electricity bill right away with a PowerCost Monitor™. The success of this simple, attractive device is based on the proven value of real-time feedback - helping householders save from 6 to 18 percent on their monthly electricity bills.
Help You Save
With A Powercost Monitor You'll Be Able To See At a Glance:
* The amount of electricity your home is using from
moment to moment;
* The difference in electricity consumption caused by turning on and off the various electrical appliances in your home. The more electrical appliances you turn off, the lower the values displayed. The more appliances you turn on, the higher the values.
* The total amount of money you are spending on electricity.
The PowerCost Monitor™ is an excellent tool to help you save. By keeping the current value of the Display Unit as low as possible you will use less electricity - from 6 to 18 percent less every month.
And that means, not only are you saving on your electricity bill every month, but you're also reducing greenhouse gas emissions; and reducing demand on the power grid.
Energy Saving Features
The PowerCost Monitor™ features an attractive, counter-top Display Unit that looks like a small electric clock. At the push of a button it displays, in real-time, your moment-to-moment and total electricity costs in dollars and cents and in kilowatt hours.
You will also be able to see your peak energy cost within the last 24 hours. It also displays the time and outside temperature.* A battery indicator lets you know when your battery power is low and a signal indicator lets you know the strength of the signal being received from the Sensor Unit.
An Innovative Approach to Energy Efficiency
The PowerCost Monitor™ is a home energy monitor that shows you what your household's electricity consumption is from moment to moment and in total. From looking at the PowerCost Monitor™, you can see in real time how much electricity your home is using. Your PowerCost Monitor's™ smart technology calculates your home's electricity use and displays that information in a way that we can all understand - in dollars and cents as well as in kilowatt hours. You simply have to program in your utility's electric rate.
Your PowerCost Monitor ™ Includes Two Components:
- An easy to install Sensor Unit that you can simply attach to the outside of your electric utility meter. Once fastened in place, the sensor reads the amount of electricity the household is consuming in real-time and transmits the information wirelessly to the Power Monitor, located inside the home.
- A wireless, durable Power Monitor that resembles a small digital clock. With a range of up to 100ft from the sensor unit, you can place it just about anywhere in your home - in the kitchen, on your nightstand or conveniently placed on the wall in your hallway. Anytime of the day, you can look at your Power Monitor to see:
- How much electricity your home is using in real time;
- How much money you are spending on electricity as you consume it;
- The highest amount you spent on your energy usage in a 24 hour period;
- The time, the temperature at meter location, signal strength and the battery strength of both the display and sensor units.