AcoustiSeal™ (Professional Series) Acoustical Sealant
• Cost Effective
• Essential for High STC Walls/Floors
• Convenient Large Size Tubes
• Acoustically Effective
• Remains Soft and Flexible When Dry
• Bonds to Wood, Concrete, Glass, Gypsum, Metal and Plastic
• Dispenses Easily
• Easy Cleanup With Soap and Water
• Stops Noise From Leaking Through Joints and Edges
• Will Not Crack
• When Used Properly AcoustiSeal™ Drastically Increases the Overall STC of Floor, Ceiling and Wall Assemblies
MATERIAL: 28 oz. tube S.T.O.P. Noise Acoustical Sealant.
COVERAGE: 1/4" bead = 85 linear feet per tube Or 3/8" bead = 40 linear feet per tube
FEATURES: Essential for achieving high STC value for sound isolation
APPLICATIONS: Wall/floor junctions to seal cracks and voids per laboratory test data, heating and A/C ducts, cold air returns, exposed joints, electrical and utility outlet boxes.
FLAMMABILITY: ASTM E-84 - 76, Class A
When using AcoustiSeal™ the goal is to create a completely sealed room. Think of the room you are sealing as a water tank.
1. Make sure the surfaces that are to be sealed are clean.
2. Cut the nozzle to create an appropriately sized hole.
3. The image below shows three possible AcoustiSeal™ applications. Image “A” shows sealant under one layer of drywall on both sides. Image “B” is the same as “A” with the addition of a bead under the plate resulting in a better seal. Image “C” shows a multiple drywall layer install with beads under each layer and a heavy bead under the plate. This would yield an excellent seal.
4. Allow to dry typically 48 hours before painting.
5. Drywall mud can be applied directly over AcoustiSeal™.
6. Clean up with soap and water while still wet.
First aid: Keep out of reach of children. Wear eye protection. Skin Contact: Wash affected area thoroughly with soap and water. Eye Contact: Flush thoroughly with water and obtain medical attention. Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. Seek medical attention if swallowed. Refer to MSDS for further information.